Welcome to Sanctuary Counseling
Choosing the right psychology practice and finding a therapist is the first step toward wellness and healing. Sanctuary is a safe haven. It is a place of welcoming where we provide practical, client-centered therapy that always proceeds at your individual pace. We are honored that you are considering making Sanctuary Counseling a partner in your family’s wellness, and we welcome you to come, visit with us, and see whether what sets Sanctuary apart is what makes it the perfect fit for you.
Click here for a map and contact information!
The Sanctuary Counseling Philosophy
At Sanctuary Counseling, we believe that personal therapy is a normal, invaluable tool in life. It is an essential part of a holistic approach to achieving overall wellness. At Sanctuary, you can expect:
- An integrated and holistic approach to therapy
- A personalized, client-centered therapy approach
- Empathetic, attentive, invested partners in your wellness
- Knowledgeable, competent, welcoming people who are versed in and sensitive to all cultural, social, creative, and spiritual backgrounds.
The Sanctuary Approach
At Sanctuary Counseling, we draw together theories and skills from across the many rich traditions of psychological practice, offering client-centered therapy including concepts from:
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Humanist psychology
- Feminist psychology
- Existentialist therapy
Ours is an insight-oriented approach to psychology, aimed at promoting deep and lasting change. It’s tailored to the individual client, each of whom is a valued member of our Sanctuary family.
We take seriously the presenting concerns and symptoms of our clients. During every session, we listen deeply and actively, and we will assist you in exploring how your concerns and symptoms may be connected to underlying wishes and fears.
To better understand our culture and approach to therapy with our clients, we invite you to consider our “Three Sanctuary Commandments:”
- We love our clients. Really.
- We don’t offer band-aids. Only hard work and deep, lasting change.
- We check our issues–but not our humanity–at the door. (It’s YOUR therapy, not ours.)